Tuesday, 26 August 2008

The post of change


Today's post reflects my extreme change of working environment: from computer science departments to the one of biological sciences! The highlight of my first day at work was having the chance to touch an owl. I confess that it was a bit scary because the owls looked really frightening with their big black eyes! For you to have an idea, based on a very amateur analysis from my part, I found the picture above that resembles the owl  (I must say that I'm not responsible for any nightmares that you might have after seeing it!)  ;)

I'm probably making a big fuss of it, which can be easily explained by a combination of me being a city girl + a computer scientist. But I wasn't always like this. I actually grew up on small towns on the country side, and I even had a sheep as a pet once -- she was called Misha, and, according to my mother, she was named after the famous mascot of the Moscow Olympic Games!

6 comments:

Alberto Ourique said...

How cute.

:)

Mai said...

... cute because you're seeing it from the other side of the screen ;)

Alberto Ourique said...

Maybe. But a sheep named "Meesha" as a pet is VERY cute...

Maiana Ribeiro Rodrigues said...

Im MY memory the name of the sheep was: TIETA !

Mai said...

hahahaha!
You are joking right??
I don't recall any pet called Tieta!!
but maybe it's just my selective memory that keeps only the cool names ;)

Alberto Ourique said...

:)